Pune: Maha Vikas Aghadi to launch poll campaign on November 6

Pune: The Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) will launch its election campaign on November 6. NCP (SP) President Sharad Pawar, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi and Shiv Sena (UBT) President Uddhav Thackeray will start the campaign together.
This was revealed by Sharad Pawar in Baramati in a press meet. He said, “The election campaign for MVA candidates will begin from November 6. Leaders of the three parties will begin the campaign together. All party leaders will hold a joint meeting and will decide about multiple MVA candidates in some constituencies.
“All constituents of the MVA will jointly execute the campaign to seek a mandate from the people of the State in the State Assembly polls. We will appeal to voters to give a mandate in favour of the MVA. The people will support our stand.”
He appealed to workers, office-bearers and supporters from all MVA partners to join hands by forgetting their differences. When asked to comment on the current developments regarding the irrigation scam, he avoided a direct reply and merely said, “Today is an auspicious day.”
Criticism against Walse Patil
Office-bearers and workers of MVA candidates came to visit Sharad Pawar to complain about harassment by supporters of many Maha Yuti candidates in the backdrop of the State polls.
Some of them were from the Ambegaon Assembly segment too. Without naming Dilip Walse Patil, Pawar said, “We were earlier in power for many years. We gave opportunities to the colleague from Ambegaon. Our supporters have not joined rival parties but their leader did.”